Kids may love to draw fruits, but when it comes to eating them, they do tend to become a little fussy. Their cravings for soft drinks are justified but they are never the healthiest options. As parents, we would choose the safest, yet tastiest options for them to consume that offer the goodness of real fruits. A smart alternative here would be fruit juices and smoothies. We are talking about delicious, all-natural, sugar-free, preservative-free, and 100% safe juices, curated just for kids.
For kids between the age group of three to seven, here are some fruity options for parents to try:
1. Mango: Mangoes nullify toxins and are good for eyes, skin, and hair. Mango shake is a very popular drink and is particularly good for children’s health. You can also blend mango, peach, sugar, and milk, and sprinkle crushed dry fruits for a delightful mango smoothie! Or, you can give them this mango juice that's not only safe and tasty but also convenient to carry around.
2. Strawberry: Rich in nutrients and vitamins as well as antioxidants, they improve brain and cognitive functions. Kids of all age groups love this fruit and that's no secret! Blend a handful of ripe strawberries, milk, and sugar, and add ice for a quick summer drink, or try the pure strawberry juice from Smoodies!
3. Orange: This versatile fruit is loved by all the kids of all age groups! Apart from being rich in immunity-boosting antioxidants, oranges also improve dental health. If your kid doesn’t like the whole slice, add a pinch of ginger and honey to the juice and your kid will enjoy it! Pure, zero-sugar orange juice from Smoodies is wonderful too.
4. Pineapple: Growing children must have a robust immunity and pineapple provides all the necessary nutrients and vitamins for that. It can be made part of a regular healthy diet. Blend pineapple pieces with yogurt, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a delicious snack is ready! You can also try the awesome Pineapple-Mango smoothie from Smoodies, which is basically an all-natural blend of two of their favourite fruits!
5. Passionfruit: It contains Vitamin A and C and is beneficial for growing children. Peel passionfruit and scoop out the pulp. Then, add a small banana and a peach. Blend it with sugar to make a delicious and healthy smoothie. If you're looking for an equally delicious and convenient option, you can try this Vanilla Passionfruit juice curated exclusively for kids.
Some of the best fruits for kids from age eight to twelve would be:
1. Litchi: It is a rich source of Vitamin C and prevents atypical cell growth. Litchi can be used with other fruits such as bananas, mangoes, and guavas for mix-fruit salad. Just sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper, and a delicious salad is ready to be a part of your healthy diet! Litchi-Aloe Vera juice from Smoodies offers the added goodness of Aloe Vera too.
2. Pomegranate: Abundant in vital nutrients and vitamins, they are good for eyesight and night blindness. Natural, preservative-free pure pomegranate juice by Smoodies is a popular choice if your kid enjoys this particular fruit.
3. Jamun: India ranks very high in child obesity. Jamun keeps weight in check because it is very low in calories.
4. Guava: Most kids suffer from eyesight issues these days. Being rich in nutrients and vitamins, guava is a boon for the eyes and overall children’s health. Guavas can be given to kids in the form of fruit salads or smoothies like this one.
5. Raw Mango: Most kids find raw mango to be very addictive, especially during the summer season. They relish raw mango in all forms, be it tangy Aam-papads or Panna, which is great for digestion and hydration as well.
Fruit salads, juices, and smoothies can be included in the tiffin box every day. A more convenient option for every parent would be these Just For Kids juice packs that are crafted especially for kids- an easy and healthy pick for lunch packs, post-game refreshments, or just a new play-date snack!